Thursday, October 21, 2010

“The Youngest Doll” by Rosario Ferre (Puerto Rico)

            I learned from the story “The Youngest Doll” is that the people who live in Puerto Rico love to make dolls when they have a lot of free time. They always try to make the doll look like the real person. Each year, they will make one new doll for the birthday of their children. They will put a lot of treasure things on the last doll when their children are marrying. The men love to show people that their wife is in a high class by sitting outside of the door not doing anything.
            The time in my life when I was terrified was when I lived in Thailand and my friends and I love to go climb the mountain during the New Year. However, one day there was a man who was broken hearted and went to kill himself on the mountain where we always went to. After his death, I was scared to go climb the mountain because people stopped going there and some who went there said they have seen him too. Sometimes at night, he was walking around near the area where his girlfriend lived. This also made me stop going out with friends at night to go to the theater.  I did not like to watch scary movies so I did not have a scary event from the movie.
By: Xiong Her


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures and the story you said about the man who jumped of a cliff is scary.