Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Borders" by Thomas King (Canada)

“Borders” by Thomas King (Canada)

          I learned that when the Native American tribe crossed a border to other country, they have to be a citizen of the country they lived because the guard of the border wanted to record who travels to the U.S. Native Americans could not be their own tribe Blackfoot because they did not have a country. The guard would not let them pass until they knew the citizenship of the traveler. However, Native Americans cared about their ethinicity rather than their nationality. I also learned there is a Native American’s tribe called Blackfoot. 

My ethnicity is more important to me than my nationality because I am Hmong and always be Hmong. Even though I am an Ameican’s citizen, my background and blood still a part Hmong’s people. Also, my family always celebrate Hmong’s culture, no matter where we are. 


By: Xiong H.

2 comments:

J.T. said...

i love your comic! :)

BellaaXiong said...

love your picture!& nice page.
-Bella