Thursday, October 21, 2010

“The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Columbia)

I learned about the region of the story “The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World” that those people are peaceful. They love to help people who were in trouble. Their village was very small and they love nature. They only walk to find news for the village. During a funeral, they will put a lot of flowers to the dead person and dress him very nice. They will let the dead person flow happily along the water. When women saw some guys who were handsome, then they started to think about how those guys’ life would be like if they lived in the village. Women started to compare the handsome guys to their husbands and said that their husbands were not as good as the handsome guys.
The funeral that I want for me is I want my family to dress me up in Hmong clothes because I am Hmong. I want them to get me a lot of flowers. The flowers will make me look cool. This kind of funeral is the same as every Hmong people funeral. They will pray for me and kill a lot of cows and pigs for me after life. So I can use them to eat carry my stuff. They will burn a lot of money for me so I can use it after life.
By: Xiong Her

2 comments:

Aishwarya S. said...

WOW XIONG!!! You expect a lot of things in your funeral. I guess you will be really hungry and want to buy something after you are dead!

JennY said...

I liked how you explained your funeral and how your culture celebrates the dead. Keep up the good work. :)