Thursday, January 13, 2011

“First Confession” by Frank O’Connor (Ireland)

            In the story “First Confession,” I learned that they were taking the first confession very seriously and it was very important to the Catholic faith. They would tell everything that they did bad to the father. He would give them advices and helped them solve their problems. He would try to stop them from doing the wrong things over and over again. Furthermore, they believe that this would help them not going to hell. They would do good things to pay for the bad things they had done.
            I did not want to go to any church because I have my own belief and religion. My belief and religion are more important to me than any other religion and belief. I would not let go of my religion and belief. They are parts of my Hmong culture so I would have to believe in my own cultural belief and religion. I also honor other religion like Christian, but I would not go to their church because I have my own religion already. I would not be a trader or turn back on my culture because I am Hmong!
By: Xiong Her

No comments: